Students at Southeast Area Technical High School (SEA-TECH) will have the ability to participate in athletics at their designated home school. If a student/athlete makes a team, students will have to provide their own transportation back to their school sites for practices and games outside the normal transportation schedule. As enrollment increases in the years to follow, Southeast Area Tech will consider fielding interscholastic athletic teams with the North Carolina High School Athletic Association at the 1A division level for competition in sports like Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Basketball, Swimming, Soccer, Cheer-leading, Lacrosse, Wrestling. Baseball and Softball. It is possible that junior varsity and varsity level teams for both men's and women’s sports could occur.
Benefits of Participation in Sports/Athletics (SCI-HI):
- Stronger sense of community and purpose
- Consistent time spent with an adult mentor
- Improved physical health and fitness
- Higher self-esteem
- Increased academic performance in the classroom
For more information about participating in athletics at your designated home school site, including try-out schedules and eligibility requirements, contact the athletic director or assistant principal over athletics at each site.
Ashley High School, Colby Beamer
Hoggard High School, Kristi Tinnes
Laney High School, Fred Lynch
New Hanover High School, Keith Moore
Trask High School, Ed Gilroy
Below are some guideline to adhere to should your child need to leave school prior to dismissal for practice or game day.
- Students are required to fill out an activity release form and inform their teachers prior to the event and to confirm parental permission. Forms are located in the main office.
- All parents must adhere to the prescribed SEA-TECH checkout policy. Any adult wishing to checkout a student must be listed on the student information/emergency contact which is maintained at the school.
- Students are encouraged to arrange for pickup by their parents if activities/sports require an early departure. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the school.